Online safety is very important to us at Goat Lees Primary School. We believe that online safety is not an area that should only be discussed once a year or just in an assembly on Safer Internet Day. With this in mind, we have worked collaboratively across the school to produce an online safety curriculum map which is a working document, meaning we address key issues or concerns when they arise throughout the year, always keeping up to date.
We believe it is very important to address current issues and will use online safety to help talk about a range of areas throughout the school year. As a result, we look carefully at information technology and what is important to the children, helping to provide information and advice so children can use technology safely and responsibly in their lives.
As a school, we believe that the Internet and other digital technologies are very powerful resources which can enhance and potentially transform teaching and learning when used effectively and appropriately. The Internet is an essential element of 21st century life for education, business and social interaction. Through teaching internet safety in a variety of contexts, we strive for our children to know how to keep themselves safe online. If your child has access to the internet at home, follow some simple rules to ensure their safety:
1. Make sure you can see the computer and the sites that they are visiting.
2. Discuss and set some simple rules together, making sure that the children understand the importance of these rules.
3. Use the school website for suitable educational sites.
4. If you or your child need to report something unsuitable, please follow the link to CEOP
Our Online Safety Policy is also available for you to read in: 'about us, policies'
Please read Kent County Councils Children, ICT & E-Safety document, found below, for help and more information.
Click here for information on how to keep your children safe on Social Media.
1) Think before you share 2) Protect your stuff 3)Check it’s for real 4)Respect each other